Sweet Potato cake
with coconut milk layer
Delightful dessert of Indonesian traditional food
This is certainly the lovable sweet potato cake to see and to enjoy, a delicious dessert and despite the name sweet, this one of the best choice of high protein recipes of many Indonesian dessert.
They are really delicious but o so much work. This is the best cake that you can make with sweet potatoes. But you have very much time to make this dessert. This is a must eat of the original Indonesia food.
If you have much time or nothing to do, try this delicious sweet potatoes recipe.
- 1 kilogram sweet potatoes
- 300 cc boiling hot water
- 300 gram rice flour
- 150 gram corn flour
- 250 gram sugar, you can use less sugar if you want it
- 750 cc thin coconut milk
- 500 cc thick coconut milk
- Steam the sweet potatoes until they are soft, peeled and mashed them while they are still warm
- Mix 200 gram rice flour with boiling hot water until well mixed
- Add mashed sweet potatoes, corn flour, sugar, thin coconut milk and a little bit salt.
- Mix them well. Put the mixture through a sieve so you can get a really smooth mixture
- Pour the mixture into small cups with 5 cm diameter that have been oiled first
- Steam the cakes until they are half done, about 20 minutes
- While the cakes are steamed, you can make the coconut milk layer, here is how:
Mix the thick coconut milk with the rest of the rice flour and salt. Pour the mixture in the half done cakes.
- Steam again for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the cups when they cooled off
- Serve and enjoy
About 30 cakes
Back to Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Return from Sweet Potato Cake to Indonesian Recipe