beef cake recipe
Excellent Indonesian savory cake variation
Tasty beef cake recipe, it’s a whole lot different than the usual sweet cake. I use beef stuffing for this cake. Beside that this is delicious cake; I can also say that this cake is good for your diet because it contains fewer calories than the sweet cake.
Beside of that the beef cake is very suitable to feed the crowd and very easy to make. The taste of brandy makes this cake certainly irresistible.
I don’t use the usual beef, but beef floss, or better known as Abon, very famous in Indonesian as a side dish for yellow rice.
You can easily obtain abon everywhere in Indonesia, but if you live in Europe or US or other country, try to find it at the Chinese Supermarket or Indonesian supermarket, they are easily to find at this kind of supermarket.
If that’s a lot of trouble, you can also buy Beef Abon online. Easy and you don’t need to leave home to obtain this, or looking for the Chinese supermarket nearby you.
Try this savory cake for a change, I bet you’ll like it
Savory beef cake with abon stuffing
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Serve: 15 people
- 8 fresh eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon TBM
- 1/2 teaspoon VX
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 75 gram wheat meal
- 25 gram corn meal
- 1 tablespoon powdered milk
- 2 tablespoon brandy
- 50 gram butter, melted
- 100 gram beef abon
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- Mix the beef abon en celery, set aside.
- Mix the wheat meal, corn meal, and powdered milk, set aside.
- Preheat the oven at 175 degree Celsius.
- Blend the eggs with salt for about 4 minutes until creamy, use mixer to do this on high speed.
- Then add powdered sugar, TBM, VX, Pepper and cream of tartar while the mixer still on. Mix for about 10 minutes and the mixture is white creamy.
- Set the mixer on low speed and add the mixture of meal, brandy, and melted butter. Mix well. Set aside.
- Make a bake pan ready. Rub all the bottom of the pan with butter and pour some meal to cover all the butter so your cake won’t be stick to the bottom.
- Pour 1/3 of the mixture, and then pour 1/2 of the abon mixture, then 1/3 again of the cake mixture, then the rest of the abon mixture, and for the last one, all of the cake mixture.
- Then bake in the oven that already preheated at 175 degree Celsius for about 45 minutes.
- Let it cool down and serve.
You can easily buy TBM (Ovalette Special) online. TBM use in many Indonesian cake to make it very soft. And you can subtitute VX with some baking powder that you can easily obtain at the supermarket.
And Cream Of Tartar is easy to find online at Amazon.
So nothing can hold you down to make this delicious cake.
Enjoy the cake and having fun to make it. The more fun the more delicious is the cake.
Return from Beef Cake to Asian Dessert