There are a few variation of Stuffed Tofu with savory stuffing. You can use shrimp or chicken to your taste. Or choose the combination of pork meat and chicken fillet.
This is very delicious dish for a lunch and very suitable for the children. They would love it because of the savoury taste. Most children like savoury dishes. They can use as a snacks also as a side dish for a lunch and evening meal.
- 1 big tofu cut in 5 pieces of tofu, 10x10 cm
- 100 gram ground meat, beef or pork
- 1/4 kg chicken filet or chicken breast without bone, washed with lemon juice or vinegar and minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Vegetable oil
- Halve each square of tofu
- Scoop out the tofu on one side
- Mash the tofu that was removed and mix it with the meat, chicken filet, garlic, pepper and salt.
- Dissolve the corn flour in some water and mix it in with the mixture.
- Add the egg white and blend it till smooth.
- Stuff the meat mixture into the hole of tofu. Make sure that the stuffing really sticks in the tofu. And if you’re finish with the filling deep fry the tofu until they are golden brown.
- Serve with peanut sauce.
Serves 8 people.
- 5 Birdseye chillies
- 1 clove garlic
- 50 gram fried peanuts
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 50 cc sweet Soya sauce
- Some water
Grind all the ingredients together and blend till smooth with enough water to consistency of thick cream.
Return from Stuffed Tofu to Indonesian Recipe