Curried beef skin krupuk
(Kerecek Bumbu kari)
Tasteful Indonesian Recipe
Curried Beef Skin or Kerecek Bumbu Kari in Indonesian is a tasteful Indonesian Recipe. I would say that this beef recipe is not good for your diet. It contains a lot of fat, such as beef skin and coconut milk. It makes the recipe rich of calorie.
But if you want to try it, this beef curry recipe is really delicious but it is better to use it as an evening meal than for a lunch. It is really heavy for your stomach.
The beef skin krupuk is easy to find in every supermarket. And the other ingredients are also easy to obtain. This means that you can make this curry recipe in just short of time to serve it on the table.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serve: 4 people
- 150 gr fried beef skin krupuk
- 250 cc thin santan
- 150 cc thick santan
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 piece of galangal (each of 1 inch)
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 Lemon grass stalk, bruised
- 6 Red Chilies, sliced diagonal
- 6 Green Chilies, sliced diagonal
- 20 Birdseye chilies
- 2 piece of ginger, each of 1 inch
- 5 Shallots
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 6 Candlenuts
- Make a smooth paste of shallots, garlic, ground red chilies, coriander seeds, candlenuts, turmeric. Set aside
- Marinate the beef skin krupuk in thin santan for 15 minutes, and drain
- Heat the oil in the frying pan and fry the smooth paste, galangal, ginger, kaffir lime leaves and lemon grass stalk until fragrant.
- Add the thin santan that was used as a marinade.
- Add the red and green chilies and the Birdseye chilies. Stir the mixture.
- Heat to boiling.
- Add the beef skin krupuk and cook until tender.
- Add the thick santan and turn the heat to low.
- Add some salt, sugar and pepper. And remember not too much pepper. And the dish tend to have salty taste than sweet, so don’t add too much sugar and a little bit more salt.
- Cook until oil comes out of the sauce.
Return from Curried Beef skin to Indonesian Recipe
Herbs and Spice