Chicken Curry Recipe
Great chicken recipe for a crowd
Looking for a dish for a crowd such a birthday party? Try this chicken curry recipe or Kari Ayam in Indonesian. I bet everybody would like it and they get their stomach happy very soon.
The dish use coconut milk which means that it is an heavy dish and not really suitable for a light meal but very good for a hungry crowd. Easy to make in a good quantity and not much work and preparation.
- 1 kg chicken, cut into 8 pieces, wash with vinegar or lime juice and clean water.
- 4 cloves
- 4 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 inch galangal
- 2 inch of cinnamon stick
- 1 cardamom seed
- 1/4 of a nutmeg
- 750 cc thin santan
- 500 cc thick santan
- 1/2 coconut, grated and toasted and pounded fine
- 1 piece of asam kandis or it can be substitute by 1 tsp tamarind
- 1 inch of ginger
- 12 shallots
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- Make a smooth paste of shallots, garlic, coriander, cumin, pepper, and salt.
- Heat the oil in wok and fry the paste together with glanagal, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg until fragrant.
- Set on middle heat. Add the chicken and stir it around, coating them with the spices.
- Add the thin santan and the ground toasted grated coconut. Cook until the chicken is tender.
- Add the thick santan, and the asam kandis.
- Cook while stirring continuously until santan comes to a boil.
- Lower the heat and continue simmering until oil comes out of the santan
- Ready to serve.
For 12 persons.
Return from Chicken Curry Recipe to Indonesian Recipe
Herbs and Spices