Steamed chicken or Ayam Kukus in Indonesian is a delicious chicken recipe with some tasteful ingredients to make it yummier and lovable by anybody. If you’re on diet this dish might be a solution because this low calorie recipe is diet friendly so you don't have to worry about your weight.
- 1 kg chicken breast
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 bunches salted mustard leaves
- 2 tbs light soy sauce
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 big pieces of ginger (about 2 inch), julienned
- 7 sour small star fruit, halved
- 2 spring onions, sliced in 1 inch lengths
- 100 cc water
- Wash the chicken with vinegar or lemon, then wash with clean water
- Rub salt and pepper all over the chicken and set it aside for about 15 minutes.
- Stuff the chicken with the salted mustard leaves and put the chicken on a heat proof dish.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and the water.
- Steam over low heat for about 2 ½ - 3 hours, or until the chicken is tender.
- Remove and serve
For 8 persons.
More Chicken Recipe
Return from Steamed Chicken to Indonesian Recipe
Herbs and Spices