Mixed Indonesian Salad with fried tofu
If you are vegetarian, you might like this salad. It's refreshing with cucumber and fresh light peanuts sauce. The sauce contains very much different ingredients than Gado-gado or pecel. Yes we have many kinds of peanuts sauce. This is one of the countless variation of Indonesian sauce.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
• 150 gram thin rice noodle, pour over with heat boiled water for about 5 minutes, set aside.
• 200 gram mung bean sprouts, pour over with some heat boiled water for 5 minutes, set aside.
• 1 tofu, cut into little pieces 2 inch x 2 inch
• 50 gram prawn crackers, deep fried
• 50 gram fried onion
• 2 stalk celery, fine chopped
• 150 gram peanuts
• 3 chili peppers
• 5 Birdseye chilies (rawit)
• 3 cloves garlic
• 5 tablespoon sweet soya
• 1 tablespoon white vinegar
• 125 cc cooked water
1. Make a spice paste of peanuts, garlic, chilies, and Birdseye chilies
2. Put them into pan, add sugar, salt, sweet soya, and white vinegar, stir it, add water.
3. Let them cook in low fire, stir it softly the whole time until the mixture cooks. If you don’t stir it, you might get the burn parts on the bottom of your pan.
4. Arrange thin rice noodle, mung bean sprouts, tofu on the dish, pour some peanuts mixture over this.
5. Sprinkle some fried onion, celery and for the last, prawn crackers.
6. Enjoy it.