Fried Tofu with beef
This is an excellent choice of tofu recipes. Fried tofu with beef is a great choice for the evening meal.
But I don’t think that the whole family would like it, because it is a little bit too spicy for the children. If you won’t that spicy, don’t use Birdseye chilies. They are too hot; you can substitute them with 1 seeded red chili. The taste would be softer so your children can eat too.
And another advice is to cut the tofu smaller than 1x1 inch if you prepare it for the whole family. The sponge taste of tofu would be less(the most children don't like tofu), and it tastes more to the beef and I bet your children would like it. And not to forget, this dish is a low calorie recipe so it will meet your criteria of healthy living.
- 1 big tofu, cubed the tofu in small and plat size 1x1 inch or smaller size
- 100 gram beef, sliced in small pieces and marinade with salt, sweet soya sauce, sesame oil, a little bit Chinese rice wine (optional), oyster sauce and a little bit beef bouillon powder, set aside. Let stand for a while.
- 5 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 100 gram green chilies, seeded and sliced in 1 inch length
- 15 Birdseye chilies, chopped (or you can substitute them with i red chilie, seeded)
- 2 tomatoes, sliced in small parts
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Fried the tofu, set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the chopped garlic and shallots until fragrant.
- Add the beef that you’ve already marinade, set on low fire and stir it. Cover the pan and let it simmer for a half hour until the liquid comes out the meat and is completely done.
- Add green chilies, birdeye chilies, and tomatoes; stir it until they mix well and let it simmer for a while with low fire.
- Add the fried tofu, spring onions and salt. Mix them until well.
- Ready to serve
For 12 people
Back from Fried Tofu with beef to Indonesian Recipe