with coconut milk sauce
Delicious Oriental Chicken Recipe
Roasted Chicken with coconut milk sauce is one of the best Asian chicken Recipe. The combination of the roasted meat with the sauce is the perfect choice for the whole family.
And the good thing about this oriental recipe is that it's not very difficult to make. You just need the right cooking ingredients and the amount to make the perfect “Ayam Besengek” Indonesian style.
You can also choose another option if you want too. You can grill the chicken before you add them into the sauce instead roasted in the oven. The taste would be different. It has another taste than if you roasted in the oven. But it is up to you. Everybody has different preference.
- 1 kg drumsticks or chicken breast (diced in 2pieces if you use chicken breast
- 5 cloves garlic
- 5 candlenuts
- 1 teaspoon trassi (shrimp paste)
- 1 tablespoon tamarind, make a tamarind water
- a pinch of Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- Some water
- 250 cc coconut milk
- Vegetable oil
- Rub the chicken with white vinegar or lemon juice, then wash them very good with clean water
- Grilled or roasted the chicken until dry and golden brown from colour. Set aside
- Make a smooth paste of garlic, trassi and candle nuts
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in the pan, add the smooth paste, stir it until it’s fragrant, and add tamarind water, brown sugar, salt, coconut milk and water. Stir it until they mixed well
- Add the chicken and let it boil. Set on low fire until not much left over from the sauce
- Served hot
For 5 person
Return form Indonesian Roasted Chicken to Indonesian recipe
Return to homepage