Laksa ayam is the famous old traditional dish
Laksa ayam is the famous old traditional dish. This dish is kind of chicken soup using coconut milk with turmeric, bean sprout, vermicelli, shredded chicken and for the finishing is garnished with holly basil.
• 1 Chicken dice in 4 pieces, wash in white vinegar first
• 100 gr Thin rice noodle (bihun) soaked in cold water
• 50 gr Bean Sprouts (tauge) wash and pour with heat boiled water for a few minutes
• 2 eggs, hard boiled
• 3 kaffir lime leaves
• 1 inch ginger
• 1 inch galangas
• 2 lemon grass, cut into 4 pieces
• 2 cans (2x250ml) coconut milk mix with 500 ml water
• 1 tsp salt
• ½ tsp pepper
• 1 tbs chicken bouillon powder
• 10 shallots
• 5 gloves garlic
• 1 tbs coriander powder
• 1 tsp tumeric powder
• 2 candlenuts
• 2 pieces celery, fine chopped
• 1 spring onion, fine chopped
• 2 tbs Fried onions
• Emping crackers
• 2 tbs Sun Oil
1. Onions, garlic, Candlenuts mix together in the food processor, blend it until you get the smooth paste. Add Coriander, Turmeric, mix it until well.
2. Heat the oil in the pan (medium low heat)add the mix and stir it until the mix a little bit dry and smelt good. Add the chicken that you already wash, kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass, ginger, and galangal. Stir it for a few minutes. Add the coconut milk and bouillon powder. Let the dish cook in low-medium fire until the chicken get soft about 1 hour.
3. Take the chicken out of the mixture and make the chicken flesh into little pieces. Put it into the big bowl, add thin rice noodle, and tauge and if you like add some ketupat too. Pour the sauce over this, sprinkle the celery, spring onion, fried onion, an emping crackers.
4. Served hot For 10 persons